ss_blog_claim=4037e1ab37562895784b0e2f995a5eec ss_blog_claim=4037e1ab37562895784b0e2f995a5eec

7.29.2008

Hyperion Planning Research. Harder than I thougt it would be..

I've finally started with my research on Hyperion Planning. Yesterday, I told myself that I would be installing the Hyperion Planning application so I can have a look and feel of it. But when i tried to install it, my attempt failed. I don't know what caused the error so right now I'm reading the installation guide.

At the course of my read, I am starting to see new BI jargons that I have never encountered in .Net. Words such as OLAP, Data Mining, Data Warehouse, Multicube are all new to me. Though I am researching the terms while doing my research, I am not sure as to how many more new words I might be encountering in my future reads.

I hope this new terminologies I am seeing will be discussed on our Data Warehousing training with one of our senior leads on Monday so that I can be assured that what I have understood from my research is right.

No comments:

Post a Comment