ss_blog_claim=4037e1ab37562895784b0e2f995a5eec ss_blog_claim=4037e1ab37562895784b0e2f995a5eec

7.29.2008

New to Business Intelligence. From .Net to Oracle Hyperion

As you can see from the list I have on the right side of this blog, one of the tools that I am currently learning is Oracle Hyperion. This is my newest task and biggest task for the third quarter of this year.

From a .Net developers view, I feel a bit lost. Oracle Hyperion looks sooo big that it kinda scares me to try it out. But awhile ago after our ceo gave us a glimpse of what this tool is and how big this tool is, I am starting to feel the challenge.

My task for this week is to research on Hyperion Planning - System 9. To start, I had to register at the OPN (Oracle Partner Network). If you're new to this, you have to have an OPN PIN first to do this. Done with that. Now, I'm downloading the application. Ofcourse there is no better way to understand something new than to see the tool and play around with it. While I'm downloading, I am also searching and downloading documents related to Hyperion Planning so I can have more time read at home. I might not be in the office tomorrow afternoon so I really have to download the documents!

So I guess that's all for today. I plan to scribble some research I've done here so I can also share with you some ideas about this new Business Inteligence tool from Oracle.

By the way, don't forget to read about the installation guide prior to your installation.

1 comment: