ss_blog_claim=4037e1ab37562895784b0e2f995a5eec ss_blog_claim=4037e1ab37562895784b0e2f995a5eec

8.13.2008

My first Oracle Hyperion Training

I just attended my first Oracle Hyperion Sales and Pre-Sales Training at the Oracle Philippines office here in Makati City last Aug 11 and 12. Thanks to Sean, Julia, Chris, and Anne for sharing their thoughts and selling skills!

Just to share, here's a list of what i saw or have found out about Hyperion:
1. I've learned that the BI Foundation is composed of the EssBase and the OBIEE tools
2. I've learned that thru the EssBase, Hyperion is able to produce information that answer's the How? and the What if's?.
3. I've learned that the BI Applications sits on top of the BI Foundation.
4. I've learned that all the BI Applications are pre-built and are ready to install hot pluggins. This means that these are not templates that need to be configured. But if you have an existing datastorage built from oracle, sap, peoplesoft, or siebel, then it can easily use those datastorage.
5. I've learned that the EPM applications such as the Planning, Financial Manager, Performance Scorecard, and Data Quality Management all sits on top of the BI Foundation.
6. I've learned that the Workforce Planning and CapEx Planning have a different license.
7. I've learned that there are still a lot more that i want and need to learn about datawarehousing.
8. And best of all, with these kinds of new BI applications, I've learned that anyone withought IT education can easily create their own applications!

No comments:

Post a Comment